The Tempest - First Review in No.1 Magazine 1985



This was our first review by Ro Newton from No. 1 magazine, dated May 11th 1985, just two months away from Live Aid. 
We shared the review pages with new releases like Duran Duran's 'View To A Kill' and Animotion's 'Obsession'. I particularly dislike certain 80's music and I think it's ironic I was in the middle of it. 

Also, If I can find the courage, I may upload the scan from 'Jackie' magazine at some point soon.


Click on the pics to enlarge. Large images - may take a little while to load





















Speaking of Live Aid, on that particular day (July 14th 1985) I was in Manchester during the morning. I visited Odyssey 7, the comic book store in Oxford Road.

On the way to the train station I stopped off at a photo booth to snap myself and this was the result (click to enlarge):



Beatle haircuts and sideburns were unfashionable in 1985 and I was frowned upon sometimes for being a teenage comic book geek and wearing retro clothing. How times change.














Comments

Popular Posts